New Library Catalogue launched
January 20, 2012
The new, improved Library Catalogue will be available from Monday, 23 January.
The catalogue has a number of different features, including new ways to refine searches, images of book jackets and recent additions to stock. It also works on mobile devices so finding resources has never been easier!
Here are a few of its key features:
- Searches for authors, keywords, titles or combinations of these may be entered into the search box
- Search results may be refined by selecting the facets – Library Locvation, Collection, Year of Publication, Subject, Author, Format, Content or Language
- Similar items can be retrieved by using Find more by … terms within item records
- A navigable breadcrumb trail helps searchers see how their search is being built
- Advanced searches can be undertaken using the More search options links
- Images of book jackets are provided where available
- Use the homepage Recent Additions to Stock links to see the 25 newest e-books and resources at our site libraries
- All search results may be sorted by relevance, date, author or title
- A slim app-like interface for mobile device users is available using the same URL
- My Account has improved navigation and enables users to view their Loans, Charges, Reservations, Inter-library Loans, Loan History and for the first time the option to Change PIN
- My Lists is a new feature that enables searchers to save lists of their favourite item or export them to EndNote. Users must be logged in to manage these lists. (It is not related to online reading).